Things to consider when choosing a baby and children's room
The design of the room, the functionality and safety of the furniture are as important as the elegance and beauty of baby and children's rooms. We have written for you the elements that should be given importance in children's rooms.
SUNLIGHT MUST HAVE
– Sunlight is a must in baby and children's rooms. If possible, the baby's room should be in a quiet and calm part of the house, with at least one window that will receive plenty of sunlight. Make sure that the baby room lighting is adjustable (dimmer adjustable) so that your baby will feel more peaceful and comfortable.
EASY-CLEAN AND DUST-FREE FLOORING SHOULD BE PREFERRED ON THE FLOOR
– On the floor of the room, easy-to-clean and dust-proof flooring types such as wooden or laminated parquet are especially ideal for baby rooms. Wall-to-wall carpet is an alternative that can cause allergic disorders due to its dust-holding feature. Mothers should definitely stay away from such carpets. To complete the decoration in baby rooms and for the baby to play on, washable cotton rugs or cotton floor covers should be preferred.
FURNITURE SELECTION FOR BABY AND CHILDREN'S ROOM
– Safety and health issues come to the fore again along with design in baby and children's furniture. In children's furniture, wooden and solid items should be preferred and the edges of the furniture used should be soft, made of natural materials that comply with safety standards and will not harm the baby.
MUST HAVE A NUTSING SEAT OR SEATING CORNER
– In the baby room, do not forget to allocate a nursing chair or, if possible, a sitting corner, where you can spend time with your baby. In this corner, you will spend a lot of time reading or playing games with your baby while you are breastfeeding or when he/she is a little older.
BABY BED OR CABINET
– While baby cots, wardrobes and dressers are basic needs for the 0-3 age group, toy chests and storage units should definitely be considered in order to collect the rapidly increasing number of toys in the following months.
COLOR SELECTION IN CHILDREN'S ROOMS
– We can say that each color used in children's rooms has different effects on the development of children. While blue creates a calming effect, green gives peace and confidence. Turquoise, on the other hand, contributes to the development of intelligence, especially in babies. We generally avoid dark colors in baby rooms. Dark colors tire the baby's mind and cause emotional underperformance. The use of pastel colors and a few lively colored details in baby rooms will be interesting for your baby.
TEXTILE PRODUCTS MUST BE NATURAL AND SAFE
It is important that every material used in children's rooms, from furniture to room textiles, is natural and safe for children's health. Mothers and fathers should prefer wooden furniture made of natural materials, water-based paint and 100% cotton textile products for their children as much as possible. Bed linens, bedspreads and pillows made of 100% cotton, natural and durable fabrics should be used in the room textile that the child comes into contact with the most.